7.3.14

INTERVIEW - Beth Tweddle


The last ever episode of Dancing On Ice is nearly upon us! Only three previous champions remain, ready to fight it out on Sunday for the ultimate champion ice trophy. We spoke to the current champ and final contender Beth Tweddle about this series and what we can expect during the last show...

What's it been like being back on the ice again after last years series?

It's been a brilliant experience. I loved Dancing On Ice last series and so glad I got the chance to go on it again. I have so many memories from both series to treasure.

Has it felt different in anyway compared to last time?

It has been technically a lot more difficult than last time and sometimes I forget I have only been skating 16 months. I have still had just as much fun though.

What's it like receiving the same criticism from Jason each week, how do you deal with that?

I take it as positive criticism and take it to the training rink and work harder each time. I will keep trying. I have come from a background where I was used to getting judged.

What's it like skating with Lukasz instead of Dan? Was it hard to adjust?

At first it was a little different. I loved skating with Daniel but this year has been amazing as well and have loved skating with Lukasz. I have learnt so much and loved the tricks that I have been doing with Lukasz.

What's been the toughest part of the show this year? The training or the nerves?

I think the hardest part of this year has been not being able to spend time at home. I have had to live in London and been unable to spend time with my family and friends. I think I have only been home maybe 8 days this series.

We saw your suffering from illness the other week, did it ever cross your mind that you might not have been able to perform?

I felt really rough and was worried at one point whether I would be able to perform.

What's been your highlight so far? Favourite routine?

Its difficult to pick one highlight but I loved the Scottish and Lily Allen routines. Every time I perform with Lukasz I love it.

What was it like meeting all these last champions and skating against them?

It has been such an amazing series and great to meet everyone. Some of the contestants I already knew like Hayley, Sam, Ray and Joe but it has been really nice to meet everyone else.

There's been a lot of talk from various people about who should and shouldn't be in the final, do you think it's the right three people there?

Everyone deserves to be in the final and each week was hard to see anyone go.

Are you looking forward to this Sundays final?

I am really looking forward to performing on Sunday. It is the final episode of the final series and the three of us want to put on a good show.

Can you give us any clues as to what to expect?

Me and Lukasz are going to go out there and enjoy ourselves. We have a few new tricks which we are looking forward to performing and we hope everyone at home enjoys the end of our journey together.

Do you think you can win?

Anything could happen, who knows.

Supporting Beth in the final? Be sure to keep up with @TeamTwedski tweets and use the hashtags #VoteBeth & #TeamTwedski

No comments:

Post a Comment