10.1.14

Class of 92 - DVD Review (UK)



Class of ’92 is a sports documentary about the famous Manchester United youth cup winning team that included David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Gary & Phil Neville and Nicky Butt. The documentary focuses on how the friends rose through the ranks together culminating in each one of them making a huge contribution to Manchester United’s treble winning season in 1999. Possible the best year of Manchester United’s dominance of British football.

I don’t care which football team you support, this is a must watch for any football fan. I am a die hard Cardiff City fan, but my dad tried to raise me as a Liverpool fan, so it has always been ingrained into my head, rightly or wrongly, Man Utd are the enemy, but as a football fan I was fascinated.

I particularly enjoyed the sections where the 6 men were sat around talking to each other, and it was refreshing to see the real Ryan Giggs, laughing and joking, and being "real", as opposed to the wooden character we see in post match interviews.

I also liked the fact that David Beckham was highlighted no more no less than the other 5 players, as they were all as equally as important as the others. Highlighting Beckham more, simply because he's a "global superstar" could have happened easily.

I would have liked to have had more of a section dedicated to the other players who didn’t quite make the grade at Manchester United from the same youth team, basically a where are they now section. I think this would have been very interesting. This may very well be on the special features but I haven’t watched them at this point.

All in all, this is a very good football documentary about 6 very different men that came along at the same time to form a strong bond with each other, and a strong team for Manchester United. Opposite to what Alan Hansen said, you can win trophy’s with kids. If you are a football fan, no matter what colours or badge you wear, new or old fan, treat yourself to this.

Content: 10/10 – Fantastic interviews with the players, nothing feels like it’s being held back, sprinkled in with some football highlights to emphasise what each one is saying, this is exactly what it should be.

Re-watchable: 6/10 – Will be something I watch again, although I’m not sure if it will be as fun the second time around, but still enjoyable.

Overall Score: 16/20

No comments:

Post a Comment