18.7.13

Interview - Charlie Sims


We spoke to The Only Way Is Essex, series 9 newcomer, Charlie Sims about life since joining the show, those awkward dramatic scenes and his thoughts on Joey/Sam. Read it here...


What an action packed first series for you! Has life changed for you since joining the show?

Yes and no because I always lived the TOWIE life style and always felt in the loop with what's going on... but my life wasn't played out on screen. So, yes it's changed because people are getting an insight into my life but no because I still live in exactly the same way.

It's great to have more of the Sims family on TOWIE, how come it took until the 9th series?

There may have been the opportunity for me to join the show earlier, but the timings weren’t quite right. I believe things are meant to happen for a reason, and I was so excited to join the cast in series 9 and I’ve never looked back – it’s been one of the best series in my opinion.

Did you watch the show before joining?

I did yes because I have family and friends who were in the show so it was good to show them my support but to be honest, I think I would have watched anyway. It’s pure entertainment!

You were involved in some classic awkward TOWIE situations, none more so than the meal with the girls, what was it like filming those scenes?

It's difficult to say because this scene, for example, was a great scene for me but they’re so interesting because you never know what will happen next. It’s very hard to predict because I was going there for a good night and it didn’t turn out how I would have expected. There are a lot of real emotions being shared in those scenes, which create great drama but at the same time it’s a big strain on my real life and feelings.

How did it feel watching the show back?

Watching the show back for the first time was very odd. You always question what you said or did. But on a general level you’re always thinking "do I really sound like that" or "is it me or does the TV make you look fatter"!! But in general it's quite cool and I still get excited every time an episode comes on.

Did you ever regret anything you said?

Yes I'm sure I've said some things in the heat of the moment but unfortunately it's too late to change once words have been said.

We LOVE 'Cherne/Farlie' was it hard having other people’s relationships come between you?

We knew that a certain relationship (Joey and Sam) was occasionally going to get between us when they argue because we both have such a close relationship with them. We both felt very strongly that either side was right or wrong and it showed cracks in our relationship. Honestly, it’s been a huge strain but this is all a part of life and I believe we are a strong couple now! Team Cherne!  

What was your favourite moment of series 9?

I think for me it was the scene when Lucy threw red wine on Mario, he took it so well! Great scene, I loved it!

If you could swap places with any other TOWIE cast member for a day, who would it be?

I would love to be Diags for the day... we are total opposites yet such good friends. I would love to know what goes through that guys mind haha!

We have to ask, what are your thoughts on the Joey & Sam split? Perhaps for the best?

Yes I think it’s for the best. I hope they can be friends but in terms of being together I really don't think they were right for each other but ...you never know, they could rekindle…it happens.

And finally, will we be seeing you on our screens in series 10?

Hopefully yes I will be returning for series 10 ... I'm looking forward to seeing what new dramas happen in the next series, apart from my own! If it’s anything like the last series, it will be a cracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment