10.6.13

Marcus Bentley - Interview



He has narrated our summer for over a decade and his unmistakable Geordie tones are now synonymous with Big Brother, as the excitement builds for the new series we spoke to Marcus about what's to come...

Hi Marcus, how're you? Are you looking forward to the new series? 

There's a particular buzz about this year's Big Brother that I haven't felt for ages. The comeback on 5 two years ago was exhilarating because of the the excitement around the relaunch but this is something else - I think BB has come of age on Five and a lot of expectation is at its feet. It's going to be a good one , an important one and everyone can feel it.  

Why do you think there's so much buzz and excitement, even more so than usual, for this series to start? 

Probably just answered that above but another reason is because of Emma - she is the perfect presenter for the show and I believe she will take the show to the next level - she is the new Big Mother. 

How far in advance do you find out who the housemates are?

I'll find out on Thursday morning when I watch the VTS. In the past Jamie East has told me on the quite when he finds out. 

Do you know #whatsthesecret?

I don't know - I might have been lied to. 

Having been with Big Brother from the very beginning how big of a part of your life has it become?

Big Brother and Celeb BB takes up 6 months of my time a year. It is also what I'm known for so the fact that my voice is well known gets me other work eg commercials. 

What's been your favourite moment to voice over on Big Brother?

"Nadia's in the Diary room telling Big Brother about her lady garden."  

You've seen it all, so what one piece of advice would you give the new housemates?

Be real, not boring, don't sit back and have a holiday, have a wicked time. 

What type of housemates would you love to see go on there? 

Housemates who are completely different to those that we've seen before. Originals that are exciting. 

And finally, what's launch night going to be like for you? 

Busy. Picked up by car at ten, get to studios at about 11.30. Voice overs, watch VTs , rehearse , voice overs, dress rehearse , more voice overs, and then we go LIVE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment